(TOM) ACCUSATIONS TONIGHT AGAINST THE HAMPTON ROADS REGIONAL JAIL. THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE SAYS CONDITIONS AT THE LOCKUP VIOLATE THE CONSTITUTION AND FEDERAL LAW. THE CIVIL RIGHTS DIVISION SAYS THE JAIL FAILS TO PROVIDE ADEQUATE MEDICAL AND MENTAL HEALTH CARE TO PRISONERS. WE’VE LOOKED INTO A NUMBER OF DEATHS AT THE FACILITY. THE FEDS HAVE GIVEN THE JAIL WRITTEN NOTICE, AND WAYS TO FIX CONDITIONS, ALL WITH THE GOAL OF ENSURING THE RIGHTS OF PRISONERS. READ THE FULL STATEMENT FROM THE GOVERNMENT OVER ON WAVY-DOT-COM..
- DOJ: Hampton Roads Regional Jail in violation of inmates’ constitutional rights, federal law
- Hampton Roads DACA supporters rally behind immigrants, await Supreme Court ruling
- Hampton Roads businesses react to employer regulations for pandemic worker safety
- Hampton Roads vets file $500 million lawsuit against VA
- Can the USA Legally Quarantine the Coronavirus? (LegalEagle’s Real Law Review)