Virginia Beach Civil Litigation Attorneys
Our experienced Virginia Beach civil litigation team is available to assist you with all civil disputes, including:
- Breach of Contract Issues – If you entered into a legally binding contract with another party and that party has failed to fulfill their contractual obligations you might need to take legal action to enforce the terms of the contract. We will review the contract, determine why the breach occurred, and help you pursue a suitable remedy for the situation.
- Construction Litigation – We have significant experience representing construction clients in civil litigation when disputes arise between different parties. We have helped clients with breach of contract situations, defects and delays, bond issues, enforcing liens, and much more.
- Landlord/Tenant Disputes – Numerous issues can arise between landlords and tenants. For instance, if a tenant loses their security deposit because their landlord has decided to use the funds to pay for repairs to the home or apartment, the tenant may contest the landlord’s right to keep the deposit, particularly if the tenant noted the damage upon moving into the property. Civil litigation between landlords and tenants may arise from disputes over eviction as well. Our lawyers have helped both tenants and landlords seek favorable outcomes through civil litigation.
- Property Disputes – If two neighbors who own property next to one another cannot determine where the property line between their two plots lies, it could turn into a property dispute, which may have to be resolved through the legal system. Likewise, if your neighbor damaged your property in some way, you might need to take them to court to get the compensation you need to repair or replace the broken property. Our attorneys are well-versed in property disputes and can help you seek a positive resolution while defending your property rights.
- City Code Violations – City ordinance violations can result in serious penalties. If you have been charged with a city ordinance violation, we have the tools to help you successfully avoid harsh financial penalties, losing your business license, and other issues.
- Debt Collection – Whether you are attempting to collect on an unpaid debt or seeking representation in a creditor lawsuit, we have the resources to protect your rights and help you seek the positive outcome you deserve.
- Forfeiture – While law enforcement has a right to seize property that they believe is connected to illegal activity in Virginia, even if the property owner has not been convicted of a crime, innocent property owners have a right to fight back. If you believe that your property was wrongly seized and forfeited by law enforcement, our attorneys can help you challenge the state’s claims.
Don’t make the mistake of trying to handle the complexities of the civil litigation process without the assistance of an experienced attorney. Let us do the work so that you can concentrate on moving forward!
Connect With A Virginia Beach Pincus Goodman Lawyer Today
No two cases are the same. Contact us via email, live chat, telephone (757-301-9634), or use our online calendar to schedule an appointment with a Virginia Beach attorney who has the knowledge and experience to assist you with your matter from start to finish.