Virginia Criminal Defense Attorneys
Being convicted of a crime can result in significant penalties, including fines and jail time. A criminal conviction can also have other lasting consequences even after you have served your sentence. For instance, having a conviction on your record can make it harder for you to take out a loan, find housing, secure employment, and obtain financial aid for higher education.
That’s why hiring a competent criminal defense attorney to represent you throughout the legal process is critical. An experienced lawyer might be able to seek a reduction of the charges against you or even pursue a dismissal of your case.
Don’t try to navigate the legal system alone. If you’ve been charged with a crime in Virginia Beach, contact a Virginia criminal defense lawyer from Pincus Goodman, P.C., right away to schedule a consultation with one of our seasoned attorneys. Call (757) 301-9634 now.
Types of Criminal Cases We Handle
At Pincus Goodman, P.C., we defend clients against a wide variety of criminal charges, including:
- Domestic Assault – Domestic assault occurs when someone physically harms or intends to harm a spouse, ex-spouse, family member, or another household member.
- Domestic Violence – Domestic violence is a type of assault and battery but is charged separately from regular assault and battery. Domestic violence is a serious crime, and the consequences can be severe, especially for repeat offenders.
- DUI – If you have been arrested for driving under the influence, you could be facing harsh penalties. In addition to the DUI going on your criminal record, you could lose your license, and your car insurance premiums could increase.
- Reckless Driving – Virginia has some of the strictest traffic laws in the nation. Reckless driving might not sound like a serious traffic infraction, but the penalties for a reckless driving conviction are grim and can include 12 months in jail, a $2,500 fine, and a suspended license.
- Grand Larceny – Grand larceny occurs when someone takes five dollars or more from the person of another, takes property not from the person valued at $1,000 or more, or takes a firearm of any value (not from the person). Penalties could be one to 20 years in a correctional facility, among others.
- Malicious Wounding – Malicious wounding is a felony charge that could result in significant prison time. To prove a malicious wounding charge, the government must be able to show intent.
- Child Abuse and Neglect – “Child abuse and neglect” encompasses a wide range of potential criminal actions.
- Violations of Probation – Violating your probation can lead to steep penalties and even imprisonment. If you are accused of violating your probation, the prosecution may ask the judge in your case to revoke the suspension of your sentence.
- Possession of Controlled Substances – If you were charged with possession of certain controlled substances, you could be facing fines, jail time, and other penalties.
- Juvenile Charged with a Criminal or Traffic Offense – Juvenile criminal and traffic offenses are a serious matter for minors, and a conviction could land a minor in juvenile detention. The consequences could follow them for years to come.
No matter what type of crime you have been charged with, hiring a seasoned criminal defense lawyer could be the best decision you ever make. Don’t gamble with your future by attempting to represent yourself or by failing to take the charges against you seriously.
How a Criminal Defense Attorney from Pincus Goodman, P.C. Can Help You
The criminal defense lawyers at Pincus Goodman, P.C. have extensive experience representing clients who have been arrested on criminal charges in Virginia. We prioritize providing our clients with high-quality legal advice and exemplary customer service. You will never just be a number with our firm. If you hire us, we will:
- Craft a rock-solid defense – We will examine the details of your case and explore a variety of possible defenses that could be used to reduce or dismiss the charges against you.
- Help you understand the legal process – The criminal legal process can be complex and confusing, but our attorneys will make every effort to explain your rights and responsibilities in a way that’s easy to understand. We will offer you top-notch legal insight and advice and be with you through every step of the court process.
- Collect evidence – We will move swiftly to collect evidence to support your defense. This may include gathering statements from experts and calling witnesses who will testify in your defense.
- Represent you at trial – We will defend your rights and advocate for your interests if your case goes to trial. We will aggressively challenge the prosecution’s case and work hard to obtain a favorable resolution.
- Negotiate your sentence – If we are unable to get your charges reduced or dismissed, we will work diligently with the prosecutor to negotiate a favorable sentence on your behalf. We will present all the information we have about your case that might lead the judge to issue a more lenient sentence. We will also advocate for alternative sentencing options with the goal of helping you avoid prison time and large fines.
To have the best chance of presenting a successful case, you need to have a strong criminal defense attorney in your corner. At Pincus Goodman, P.C., you can trust our lawyers to give your case the individualized attention it deserves and to build a convincing defense on your behalf.
Contact a Virginia Beach Criminal Defense Attorney Today
Were you charged with a crime in Virginia Beach? If so, contact one of our experienced criminal defense attorneys from Pincus Goodman, P.C., right away for a consultation. We will help you understand your rights and fight the charges you are facing.
At Pincus Goodman, P.C., we are committed to seeking the best possible outcome for each of our clients. You can reach us by phone at (757) 301-9634 to schedule an appointment with our office.